Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 71: June 15th

Today I am left feeling, the best part of having children is watching them grow up but the worst part is how quickly it happens. One moment your little girl is gripping her Daddy's finger in the hospital room and the next she is swinging next to you taking your hand. I wish there was a way to pause time. I do feel like today has finally been a blog worthy day though. Lots of lovely things.

Today's positives:

1: Today started out nicely by skyping with Grammy. Gracie loves waving and dancing with Grammy. I think they are both as daft as each other :)

2: On our way out to run errands today, we noticed one of the stray cat traps in our parking lot had caught a opossum. Upon further inspection we got to see 3 little baby opossum's!! I know I am a nursing mother because the first thought in my mind was "Poor Mama opossum, with a brood like that she has got to be starving!" teehee. Gracie enjoyed seeing them. She would insist it was a kitty (kinda looks like my folk's cat Tallulah). It was all I could do to stop her trying to pet them. Thankfully they were set free back in to the woods this afternoon.

3: Gracie, James and I had fun out running errands. We went to Walmart and thankfully they had a double shopping cart. I love having them both sitting in one cart because we can laugh and be silly all around the store. We even stopped for a chat with a nice old man who enjoyed chatting with Gracie.

4: Our new project with Gracie is to teach her body parts. Lots of singing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. So far she can say eyes and thinks her nose is called "Beep Beep". 

5: We took the dog for a nice a stroll around the park this afternoon. Daddy slept in as he worked until 4am, but it was nice to spend some time with him before he headed back out to work.

6: On the way in from the walk Matt needed to carry up the dog food. Gracie seemed proud as punch to be his little helper. It was cute to see her run after him and try to help him up the stairs.

7: Daddy, Gracie and James all shared some apple sauce. (pic below).

8: Then we walked Daddy to work.

9: On our way back from dropping off Daddy, we stopped at the bench swings over looking the river. I had James in the Moby and Gracie sitting beside me. We sat for a nice long time swinging. The best part was when my little Gracie reached over and put her hand in mine and Jame leaned his head back in to me and we sat quietly together for a while.
Then Gracie started to talk (baby talk) about the things around us. We had fun watching a lizard do a funny little dance and puff out his neck. Spring time is fun to watch nature!

10: When we got home Gracie "read" stories to me and James. We looked at "Chocolate for breakfast" for a good long time.


Now both my little ones are tucked up in their beds. I have had such a lovely time with them today.
Looking forward to tomorrow!

Goodnight all

-Sophie






1 comment: