Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 3: Cousin G's Birthday

I want to start out today's post wishing my little nephew G a very happy 6th birthday.
Also, I will be posting my positives for the day and then Matt has written out his for me to copy as he is working 4pm until midnight today :)

Today's positives were:

1: Spending the morning together as a family. Playing in the nursery.

2: Giving the kids their Easter treats early. Gracie got a play tent that she seemed to enjoy very much!

3: I taught Gracie the actions for  the nursery rhyme "Two Little Dickie Birds". She has never copied me doing the actions before.

4: Doing bath time with Gracie. Daddy normally takes care of that! Plus getting to play with her new toy watering can. We sat for quite a while pouring the water. I think I had just as much fun as she did and the bathroom got soaked!

5: Gracie carried out a diaper to the trashcan with out being asked. Turning in to quite the little helper!

6: Watching Gracie run in and out of the water at the beach.

7: Getting to carry James in the moby (cloth baby carrier). I always enjoy this!

8: Watching James fall asleep in my arms.

9: Listening to my nephews and Gracie laughing and playing.

Quite a lot for today! Hopefully we will have lots of nice things to share for tomorrow.
Happy Easter everyone!

Goodnight
-Sophie


MATTHEWS POST:

Today was great for me because I was home in the AM hours. I got to see G and J interact in ways I've never seen before.
J was in his bouncy seat and G was bouncing him with everything she had. Her whole body was going! J just sat there grinning from ear to ear. It just made my day seeing them play together like that.

Also we got G a train whistle for Easter. I taught her how to blow in to it. So she would blow it then get the biggest grin on her face and hold it out for me to blow. I must admit she made it a little soggy when she blew it but to see her grin like that was completely worth it.

- Matthew

1 comment: