Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 15: Happiness is a sleeping baby

Today was a pretty normal day. Kinda quiet and sleepy. We got to enjoy a nice thunderstorm with lots of heavy rain. Quite relaxing! Today we also made our first batch of homemade wipes.

I have had a lot of people asking HOW DO YOU MAKE WIPES, so for all those interested...
Handful of wash clothes, 1 cup warm water, 2tsps baby oil, 1tsp of baby body wash.

Next week we also plan on starting cloth diapers again. YAY!

Today's positives:

S: Gracie climbed up on the toilet (lid down), I had just checked her diaper and was starting to make the wipes. I had to run to my room to grab something and when I came back there she was sitting. She was making her "I'm going to the bathroom face" and when I checked her she needed to be changed again. I am hoping this is a sign of being ready to potty train as she has shown keen interest in bathroom activity recently.

M: Tonight after I bathed Gracie, instead of me putting on her lotion, she did it herself. Instead of putting it in her mouth she actually rubbed it all over her tummy!

S: I enjoyed rocking in the rocking chair with James, watching the rain while Gracie played.

M: After I got home from work I got to cuddle James for a long time, who was full of smiles. :)

S: Gracie ran up and gave her brother a big kiss on the lips, at which he gave a big smile.


Also today, Matthew decided he would like to try us being vegetarian for a while. He wants to live a long and healthy life and I want the same for the kids. I am very excited as I used to live that lifestyle before we met. I never wanted to push him (as it's just not for everyone) but it was always hard to do for just me.
He does plan on eating the occasional fish and hunting at some point.

Like I said, a very quiet normal day.

Good night

-Matt and Soph

1 comment: