Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 122: Girls Night

I really love Sunday! The weekend is just beginning for us!


Today's positives:

1: This morning we went to a different church. They had so many children Gracie and Jame's age. Gracie got to play and have a puppet show and I saw her having so much fun. James on the other hand is having a difficult time teething and wanted me to sit and cuddle with him. He did play with the other babies for a little while. I am hoping to take them again next week.

2: We came home and made veggie soft shell taco's. James just had blended veggies but he seemed pretty happy with it. Gracie actually ate her fillings inside of the wrap and finished it all up.

3: James went down for a nap so Matt, Gracie and I all snuggled up together for a little while.

4: We had to run to Walgreen's to get James some teething meds. Gracie decided to stand on the end of the cart and hang on like a spider monkey. She thought this was very fun and looked so big. She only hopped off to pick up the medicine that James threw out of the cart and when I took her down the candy isle. She picked Starburst which is also a first!

5: When we got home James and Gracie shared a banana and apple sauce.

6: I snuggled James to sleep. We just put a coffee table behind the big arm chair and Gracie likes to stand on it and make faces at James to make him laugh. Needless to say it took a while to get him to sleep.

7: When James went to bed Gracie and I finally got our long awaited for Girls Night. We played blocks for a few minutes then I made her some toast with marmite on. Auntie Elizabeth left some new veggietales for us so we put them on and she ate her candy and had chocolate milk, which she thought was a big treat!! Then we cuddled up and watched cartoons until she fell asleep in my arms. It was kind of a pity to wake her up but after all that sugar she had to brush her teeth but she gave me the biggest smile. As I carried her to bed she put her head on my shoulder and snuggled in which she hasn't done in a very long time. Then I tucked her in and we said goodnight prayers. I think this is just what we have been needing. I am going to aim for this atleast once a week if not more. I miss one on one time with my little girl. She is so much fun and I love her so very much.



Goodnight all

- Sophie

1 comment: