Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 151: On the Toad again..

Okay, we did set out for Florida this morning but our van seems to have a case of the jitters. We won't be able to take it in until Wednesday because of the holiday so looks like I'm hanging out in Sumter for a bit longer. I will enjoy the bonus time with my folks :)


Today's positives:

1: I did actually manage to have us packed and on the road by 8am! Not bad for a dry run ;)

2: When I decided to pull over we went to a BP and just so happened to run in to a mechanic who was able to give me a rough diagnosis of the problem. I was so glad as I was on the verge of panic!

3: I took the kids over to a Taco Bell to wait for my Mum and Rob to get there. They were both pretty well behaved. Gracie did have one time out and some redneck woman with a giant beehive hair cut glared at me...

4: Gracie chose Taco Bell to be the first place she told me she needs to go poop on the potty... I was very proud of her even if it was a place she wasn't able to go because I refuse to let her sit on the public potty seats lol!

5: Gracie treated us to some lovely singing all the way home. She really got quite in to it. One of her verses went something like "I say yeah, I say yeah, I say yeah" At least that's what it sounded like to me!

6: Both of the kids loved taking a bath in my Mum's giant tub! They can both pretty much swim in it.

7: James and Gracie ate a big bowl of shepards pie each for dinner.

That's about it for today.

Goodnight all

- Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment