Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 89: Internet down

Today has been less busy, but still busy.
We are trying to get our house ready for visitors. So we are cleaning everything from top to bottom. We made our 4th Walmart run this week and I think we finally have everything we need.

Today's positives:

1: James and Gracie both had their first Band-aids today (That's plasters for my English readers).
They are Car's ones. Which happens to be one of mine and Daddy's favorite movies. Even though I hate my kids to need to use them it was still kinda cute.
Then Gracie wanted to play nurse so I gave her a regular band-aid that she had lots of fun putting it on and off various parts of me and her. 

2: Gracie has only had one potty accident in the past 2 days, she is doing so well. She has decided she will NOT use or even sit on her potty with me or Daddy in the room. This requires me lifting her on then dashing out of the room, I stand outside the door and wait to hear calls of "DONE DONE" from inside. Unfortunately she wont use the potty toilet seat we got her so on one of today's bathroom extravaganzas I heard a sploosh followed by frantic calls of "DONE MAMA". When I walked in to the bathroom all I could see where little arms and legs and head sticking out of the toilet. Poor Gracie... I wish she wasn't quite so independent ALL the time...

3: James had his first taste of meat today. We are raising our children with a mostly vegetarian diet but have decided the occasional taste wont hurt. He seem'ed to enjoy his chicken noodle baby food very much and was even a little displeased when Gracie had a bite.

4: James had a lovely long cuddle with Daddy this afternoon. It was cute to see him all snuggled up and asleep.


Both of the kiddo's have been great today. They mostly sat and played on our bed while Matt and I cleaned. 
We are hoping Matt will be able to get tomorrow night off work so he can join us for fourth of July fun. It promises to be a good time either way. We do hope he will be there though!


Okay goodnight all

- Sophie


2 comments:

  1. I loved the toilet story...too hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby is learning the hard way independence can be hazardous lol. I wonder if she will "let" you help her more today after her unfortunate dunking.

    ReplyDelete