Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 1: Let's start at the very beginning!

Okay, I have caught blog fever again and it seems that, for now at least, life has presented me with the time and energy to make it happen.
I have frequently thought about and missed writing 365 D.P.P so instead of my military wife blog i'm going back to chirping about my kiddos!

Of course we have a whole new addition to our family. We welcome the littlest peanut Serenity Rose Eriks.
She was born at 6.11am July 8th. Weighing 7lbs 3.4 oz and was 18" long. So far she is living up to her name and shaping up to be the easiest of my three little pickles.

 Today's positives:

1: We woke up together this morning and all snuggled up to watch Mickey's Clubhouse. Gracie is quite a fan of this show and not only sings almost the entire theme tune but can do the Minnie Mouse version of the "hotdog" dance. James just jumps around like a snowman made of boulders but I admire his enthusiasm!

2:  Grammy treated the kids to french toast for breakfast which is a household favorite!

3: The kiddos got to Skype with Daddy today.

4: Gracie and I got to have some special one on one time. She chose for us to build blocks. She also surprised me by counting to 4 unprompted!

5: We enjoyed lunch while watching Lilo and Stitch.

6: We had a successful run to Walmart. I say that because we were in and out in under 60 minutes lol. J got to stay home with Grandpa and Gracie got to choose some fabric for some of Grammy's exciting sewing creations coming soon!

7: This is not technically a positive but did cause a bit of a giggle... Grammy made BBQ pork for dinner and Gracie spent a long time shaping it then announced "It's Mickey Mouse" Then she started poking holes in it and popping peas in, to which she explained "Putting in the batteries GanGan" (GanGan is their term for Grammy)

8: It's 7.04pm and all three of my lil darlins are fast asleep and happy. I am one VERY blessed Mama :)


I think that's enough for today!
 It feels good to be blogging again. I hope situations allow for me to continue posting!

Goodnight and God bless all

- Sophie




No comments:

Post a Comment