Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 188: Latest Creation!


Today Matt and I made Gracie a dolls wardrobe, for the clothes my Grandma is knitting for her. I am so excited! My Grandma made all my dolls clothes when I was little and I loved them.

We used a super cheap shelving unit with the top shelf taken out. We left the bottom one in to give her a space to put shoes, hats and other doll accessories! Then we used shower rod holders to fix in a piece of dowel to hang the clothes on. Matt used paint left over from painting the kids nursery to pretty it up a little.

Gracie picked a yellow fabric with lady bugs on it to make the curtains. After I had run my sewing machine over them we used red thumb tacks to attach them. We then used ribbon to tie them back with and small open cup hooks to keep them in place.

It really only took us an hour to put together. and although Gracie is not quite sure what it's for yet she was very excited when we showed it to her!!




Apart from that today was pretty quiet. The kids got to hang out with their cousins while Auntie Shay and I went out and ran an errand.
Daddy made french toast for breakfast, which Gracie ate 3 pieces off! Oh and they got to skype with Auntie Sam and Chloe.


Hope you guys all had a good day!

Goodnight

- Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment